BLOCK OF FARM BUILDINGS TO NORTH OF HALLIWELL FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1073027
Date first listed:
25-Jun-1973
Date of most recent amendment:
11-Nov-1991
Statutory Address:
BLOCK OF FARM BUILDINGS TO NORTH OF HALLIWELL FARMHOUSE, LEES LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of BLOCK OF FARM BUILDINGS TO NORTH OF HALLIWELL FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1073027 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Oct-2019 at 10:53:19.

Location

Statutory Address:
BLOCK OF FARM BUILDINGS TO NORTH OF HALLIWELL FARMHOUSE, LEES LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lancashire
District:
West Lancashire (District Authority)
Parish:
Wrightington
National Grid Reference:
SD 51832 08618

Details

WRIGHTINGTON SD50NW LEES LANE 1283-/10/10008 Block of farm buildings to north of Halliwell Farmhouse 25/06/73 GV II

Barn with attached cartshed. Dated 1663 on west side; altered, and part recently restored. Coursed thin sandstone rubble with quoins, composition tile roof. T-plan: 4-bay barn on north-south axis with aisle to east side of 2 southern bays and wing on west side of 2nd bay. Altered full-height waggon entrance on east side of 3rd bay (former opposed entrance on west side blocked), various slit breathers (on 4 levels of north gable); datestone on west side of lst bay with raised lettering H L A 1663 Large west wing with 2 segmental-headed arches on south side and loft doorway in west gable. INTERIOR: principal-rafter roof trusses with stop-chamfered tie-beams and raked struts, 2 pairs of purlins with windbraces to the upper; aisle-post to outshut with angle-braces to tie-beam and to aisle-plate; wooden boskins arranged laterally in south bay, with feeding passage on north side. Forms group with Halliwell's Farmhouse.

Listing NGR: SD5183208618

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
357905
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].