CHURCH OF ST PAUL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1073032
Date first listed:
11-Nov-1966
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST PAUL, CHURCH LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST PAUL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1073032 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Oct-2019 at 22:43:57.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST PAUL, CHURCH LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lancashire
District:
South Ribble (District Authority)
Parish:
Farington
National Grid Reference:
SD 53824 25063

Details

SD 52NW FARINGTON CHURCH LANE

4/7 Church of St. Paul 11.11.66 - II

Church, 1839, by Edmund Sharpe; chancel 1909. Brick with stone dressings and red tile roof. North west tower and nave in simple Romanesque style, C20 gothic chancel. Tower of 4 stages, with stone angle buttresses continued as hexagonal corners to 4 pinnacles, central stone lesenes in each side, and stone Lombard friezes; panels of brick each with a round headed window opening, glazed at first floor level, louvered above. Nave wall of brick divided by stone lesenes into 6 bays, a single round headed window in each bay, and a Lombard frieze running under the eaves; 7th bay has a larger arched and traceried window between brick buttresses. Chancel of brick with stone dressings in minimal gothic style. Interior is very plain, with a simple chancel arch.

Listing NGR: SD5382425063

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
357913
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 13 May 2000
Reference: IOE01/00114/03
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr K. Foster. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].