DUNKIRK HALL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1073039
Date first listed:
26-Jul-1951
Date of most recent amendment:
27-Feb-1984
Statutory Address:
DUNKIRK HALL, CHURCH ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of DUNKIRK HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1073039 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Oct-2019 at 16:15:28.

Location

Statutory Address:
DUNKIRK HALL, CHURCH ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lancashire
District:
South Ribble (District Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SD 52339 21894

Details

SD 52SW LEYLAND DUNKIRK LANE

8/26 Dunkirk Hall 26.7.1951 (Formerly listed as Nos. 97 and 99 - II (Dunkirk Hall Farmhouse))

House, dated 1628 (conversion to public house in progress at time of survey). Brick, stone plinth and dressings, concrete tile roof, projecting chimney stack at left gable. Originally 3-bay baffle-entry plan. Two and a half storeys; 3-storey gabled porch at junction of 2nd and 3rd bays with very large quoins, moulded doorcase, lintel lettered "WSI 1628", the letters "T" and "L" flanking the doorhead, and brick mullion windows at 1st and 2nd floors. All other front windows have been altered, (but restoration of mullions is intended). Blocked brick mullion windows in gable walls are visible inside; all rear wall openings altered. Interior: parts of timber-framed ground floor partitions remain, and there are seven 1st floor beams in situ, all quarter-round moulded.

Listing NGR: SD5233921894

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
357932
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 22 Aug 1999
Reference: IOE01/01758/02
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr K. Foster. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].