This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

ST ANDREWS CHURCH OF ENGLAND SCHOOL

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: ST ANDREWS CHURCH OF ENGLAND SCHOOL

List entry Number: 1073040

Location

ST ANDREWS CHURCH OF ENGLAND SCHOOL, FOX LANE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lancashire

District: South Ribble

District Type: District Authority

Parish:

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 27-Feb-1984

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 357936

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SD 52SW LEYIAND FOX LANE

8/30 St. Andrews Church of - England School

GV II

School, dated 1837. Stone, slate roof, chamfered stone gable copings with ball finials at the apex and kneelers. F-shaped plan, the main range having 2 unequal forward projections to the right half. One storey, in Jacobean style with stone mullion and transom windows. Left half has gabled porch with ball finial and kneelers; right half is composed of 2 forward wings linked by a doorway with straight coping, an octagonal chimney on an elongated pedestal of square section rising between the roofs of the wings; the first wing, which is shorter,has a rectangular stone plaque with architrave in the centre of the gable, inscribed: D. O. M. SIT GLORIA NATIONAL SCHOOL Erected by public Contribution 1837

The second wing has a tall 3-light mullioned and transomed window in the front; all windows have pointed heads to the lights and hoodmoulds.

Listing NGR: SD5381321515

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SD 53813 21515

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1073040 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Aug-2018 at 07:29:28.

End of official listing