HOWICK CROSS AT SD 508 275

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1073061
Date first listed:
27-Feb-1984
Statutory Address:
HOWICK CROSS AT SD 508 275, LIVERPOOL ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of HOWICK CROSS AT SD 508 275
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1073061 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Oct-2019 at 10:26:48.

Location

Statutory Address:
HOWICK CROSS AT SD 508 275, LIVERPOOL ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lancashire
District:
South Ribble (District Authority)
Parish:
Penwortham
National Grid Reference:
SD 50818 27573

Details

SD 52NW PENWORTHAM LIVERPOOL ROAD

4/85 Howick Cross at SD 508 275 - - II

Wayside cross, probably medieval, restored 1919. Only the base is original, a roughly hewn cube-shaped block 75cm wide and 60cm deep; this stands on stone plinth which has an incription stating that it was restored to commemorate peace, 1919; and it carries a cross 1 metre high. (Henry Taylor Ancient Crosses and Holy Wells 1906.)

Listing NGR: SD5080027500

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
357990
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Taylor, H, Ancient Crosses and Holy Wells, (1906)

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 13 Sep 1999
Reference: IOE01/01758/22
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr K. Foster. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].