CHURCH OF ST ANNE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1073066

Date first listed: 17-Apr-1967

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST ANNE

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST ANNE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1073066 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Nov-2018 at 23:35:13.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST ANNE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lancashire

District: Wyre (District Authority)

Parish: Great Eccleston

National Grid Reference: SD 42108 39461

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SD 43 NW GREAT ECCLESTON COPP

7/3 Church of St.Anne 17-4-1967 - II

Church, 1884-5, with C18th remains. Coursed sandstone with slate roof. Comprises a west tower, nave, lower chancel, and south porch. Tower, originally built 1841 and encased and raised during the rebuilding, of 3 stages with lancet bell openings and an embattled parapet carried on a corbel table. South nave wall has 4 bays to east of porch, with lancet windows. The chancel has one bay with paired lancets. The east window is of 3 stepped lancet lights under a round hood. Above the porch door, which has a chamfered surround with shouldered lintel, is a plaque inscribed 'S.A.1723'. This refers to original church on this site, parts of which are said to be retained within the present fabric.

Interior has open timber roof with bolted king posts having curved braces to the principals, and with curved queen struts. The chancel roof has scissor-braced rafters. The west gallery has a front of raised panels and is carried on iron columns with foliated caps.

Listing NGR: SD4210839461

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 185015

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing