TOWN END FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1073085
Date first listed:
03-Oct-1984
Statutory Address:
TOWN END FARMHOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of TOWN END FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1073085 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Oct-2019 at 05:01:34.

Location

Statutory Address:
TOWN END FARMHOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lancashire
District:
Wyre (District Authority)
Parish:
Stalmine-with-Staynall
National Grid Reference:
SD 37102 45152

Details

SD 34 NE STALMINE-WITH-STAYNALL

2/32

- Town End Farmhouse

- II

House, 1694, altered. Brick with corrugated asbestos roof over thatch. 2-cell plan. 1 ½ storeys. Windows have plain reveals. To the left of the door is a 6-pane sash, with a modern window above under the eaves. To the right of the door is a 6-pane sash, with a modern window immediately above it. At the far right is a small window. Above the door is a plaque inscribed 'EWA 1694'. To the left of the left window, at window head level, are 3 brick corbels supporting brickwork above. Below this level are projecting brick quoins. Chimney in line with door. Inside, the door opens into a lobby next to the hearth. The bressumer is now a slim boxed beam, and the 2 axial main joists are insubstantial. The present fireplace is late C19th.

Listing NGR: SD3710245152

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
185044
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 12 Jul 2002
Reference: IOE01/05373/13
Rights: Copyright IoE Ms Sue Turnbull. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].