TARLETON BRIDGE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1073123
Date first listed:
11-Oct-1968
Date of most recent amendment:
02-Dec-1986
Statutory Address:
TARLETON BRIDGE, BANK BRIDGE

Map

Ordnance survey map of TARLETON BRIDGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1073123 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Oct-2019 at 22:34:40.

Location

Statutory Address:
TARLETON BRIDGE, BANK BRIDGE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lancashire
District:
West Lancashire (District Authority)
Parish:
Tarleton
National Grid Reference:
SD 46040 20277

Details

TARLETON BANK BRIDGE SD 42 SE 4/47 Tarleton Bridge (formerly listed as in Windgate Lane) 11.10.1968 GV II

Public road bridge over River Douglas. Dated 1821 on keystone on south side. Large rock-faced blocks of sandstone. Three-span; segmental arches, with rusticated voussoirs on the south side, the centre arch having a keystone lettered "A. 1821 D"; triangular cutwaters finished with concave chamfer; parapets of large tooled blocks with rounded coping, panelled pilasters over the cutwaters; north side has similar cutwaters and parapet, but arches are of red sandstone, a longitudinal joint in the soffit suggesting that they are the remains of a formerly narrower bridge; and the voussoirs are recessed, with an arch band over them.

Listing NGR: SD4604020277

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
357750
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 09 Dec 2002
Reference: IOE01/08839/11
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Roy Finch. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].