CHAPEL OF THE HOSPITALLERS OF ST JOHN THE EVANGELIST AND ST ANNE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1073262

Date first listed: 08-May-1950

Statutory Address: CHAPEL OF THE HOSPITALLERS OF ST JOHN THE EVANGELIST AND ST ANNE, WILLIAM DALBY STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHAPEL OF THE HOSPITALLERS OF ST JOHN THE EVANGELIST AND ST ANNE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1073262 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Oct-2018 at 04:01:56.

Location

Statutory Address: CHAPEL OF THE HOSPITALLERS OF ST JOHN THE EVANGELIST AND ST ANNE, WILLIAM DALBY STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Rutland (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Oakham

National Grid Reference: SK 85732 08719

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

In the entry for; SK 8508 OAKHAM WILLIAM DALBY STREET

(former Gas Street)

6/5 Chapel of the Hospitallers of St John the Evangelist & St Anne

8.5.50 II The grade shall be amended to read; II* (star)

------------------------------------

WILLIAM DALBY STREET 1. 1469 (Former Gas Street) Chapel of the Hospitallers of St John the Evangelist and St Anne SK 8508 6/5 8.5.50. II 2. Mediaeval chapel to Hospital of St John and St Anne. Plain C15 with C16 alterations. Rectangular coursed rubble building with ashlar dressings. Ashlar bellcote at West end. Perpendicular 3-light East window with mark finials to drip-moulds. One small window and one 2-light window with drip-mould to South. Stone parapet with central finial. Animal marks on waterspouts to side. Door on North elevation with drip mould. Built by William Dalby in the reign of Richard II, circa 1380. Refounded by Archdeacon Robert Johnson under charter from Elizabeth I in 1557.

Listing NGR: SK8573208719

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 186549

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing