DENT HOWE FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1073323
Date first listed:
23-Apr-1952
Statutory Address:
DENT HOWE FARMHOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of DENT HOWE FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1073323 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Oct-2019 at 10:32:28.

Location

Statutory Address:
DENT HOWE FARMHOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lancashire
District:
Pendle (District Authority)
Parish:
Trawden Forest
National Grid Reference:
SD 90800 38822

Details

SD 93 NW TRAWDEN

12/231 Dent Howe Farmhouse

23.4.52

- II

Farmhouse. 1604 (on stack). Early C17. Stone with quoins. Stone slate roof. T-plan with gable baffle entry. 2 storeys.Ground floor has one 2-light, one 5-light and one 4-light window, some lights have retained glazing bars. Above are four 2-light windows. All windows have moulded stone mullions. Gable stacks. Left hand return has Tudor arched door. Similar interior doorways and original oak doors some oak pegged. Original stone spiral staircase (treads and risers wood covered). Several stone fireplaces are with beehive oven. Some original oak partitioning in kitchen. All rooms have massive oak beams. Dated stone may be reused from another site. (76/p165/RCHM).

Listing NGR: SD9080038822

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
186397
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Pearson, S, Rural Houses of the Lancashire Pennines 1560-1760, (1985), 165

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 30 Sep 2003
Reference: IOE01/11262/20
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Nigel Wood. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].