ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH OF SAINT ANTHONY

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1073447

Date first listed: 14-Mar-1975

Statutory Address: ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH OF SAINT ANTHONY, SCOTLAND ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH OF SAINT ANTHONY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1073447 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Nov-2018 at 17:45:29.

Location

Statutory Address: ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH OF SAINT ANTHONY, SCOTLAND ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Liverpool (Metropolitan Authority)

National Grid Reference: SJ 34894 92166

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SJ 3492 SCOTLAND ROAD L5

19/1104 Roman Catholic Church of Saint Anthony 14.3.75. - II

Catholic church. 1833. John Broadbent. Ashlar facing to west facade, returns of stucco with stone dressings, slate roof. Nave of 7 bays has 3-bay west facade with central projecting bay, serving as porch with organ loft above, and low flanking blocks in angles. Shallow chancel recess flanked by chapel recesses to east. West facade has chamfered clasping buttresses ending in pinnacles. Single lancets on ground floor level, paired lancets above, with central stepped triple lancets. Plain pointed-arched entrance. Returns have paired lancets between buttresses. East end has stepped triple lancets to chancel and pinnacles. Interior: Wide nave has coffered ceiling and deep west gallery with segmental arched organ recess to rear. There may have been galleries to sides of nave. Chancel arch has 4-centred arch on 3 orders, chapel arches have pointed arches on 3 orders, all with ribbed vaults and elaborate architectural reredoses. 2 niches for statues to either side of recesses. Pierced altar rail and octagonal pulpit.

Listing NGR: SJ3489492166

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 359467

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing