CHURCH OF ST MARY

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1073471
Date first listed:
14-Mar-1975
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST MARY, ST MARY'S ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST MARY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1073471 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Oct-2019 at 17:30:58.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST MARY, ST MARY'S ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Liverpool (Metropolitan Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SJ 39469 85144

Details

SJ 3985 ST. MARY'S ROAD L19

46/1064 Church of Saint Mary 14.3.75. G.V. II

Church. 1853-4. A.H. Holme. Stone with hexagonal-slate roof. Nave, chancel, transepts and vestry to south east. Nave windows of 2 lights and 3-light west window with flanking recessed windows of 2 lights; Geometrical tracery. Transepts have diagonal buttresses and 3-light windows with the 2-light windows to returns. Tower has angle buttresses and north entrance of one order; hood mould with head stops, 2-light window above; roundel with crocketed ogival hood, possibly for clock; top 2-light bell openings, broach spire with swept broaches and 2 tiers of lucarnes; weather cock. Canted chancel has 2:3:2-light windows. Interior has scissor-brace roof with laminated timbers and flying arches over crossing. Pulpit to be left of chancel arch, has entrance in wall with ogival hood. Interesting C19 stained glass.

Listing NGR: SJ3946985144

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
359418
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 28 Apr 2007
Reference: IOE01/16411/28
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Ronald May. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].