LEYLAND BRIDGE FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1073513
Date first listed:
13-Jan-1986
Statutory Address:
LEYLAND BRIDGE FARMHOUSE, LEA LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of LEYLAND BRIDGE FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1073513 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Oct-2019 at 15:23:00.

Location

Statutory Address:
LEYLAND BRIDGE FARMHOUSE, LEA LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lancashire
District:
Preston (District Authority)
Parish:
Lea
National Grid Reference:
SD 49697 31141

Details

SD 43 SE LEA AND COTTAM LEA ROAD

6/104 Leyland Bridge Farmhouse

II

Farmhouse, now house, dated 1651 on porch, altered. Daubed render probably on brick, steeply pitched corrugated sheet roof with boxed eaves covering thatch, brick chimney. Gable to road. Three-bay baffle-entry plan (altered entry). One-and-a-half storeys; 1st floor band (covered by render); windows mostly C19 alterations in Jacobean style with hoodmoulds, diamond-pattern leaded glazing in casements, former front door on south side in line with ridge chimney at junction of 2nd and 3rd bays, present entrance front on north side which has a gabled porch to the middle bay (modern datestone on porch lettered "1651") and a plain doorway to the 3rd bay. Roof has small dormer on north side, large one on south side. Interior: middle bay has inglenook with cambered bressummer, 2 cambered beams, all these with stopped chamfer and all apparently re-used cruck blades; similar re-used cruck blades in service end and as purlins.

Listing NGR: SD4969731141

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
185951
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 29 Aug 2004
Reference: IOE01/12708/29
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Peter Sargeant. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].