SLATERS FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1073520
Date first listed:
11-Nov-1966
Statutory Address:
SLATERS FARMHOUSE, WHITTINGHAM LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of SLATERS FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1073520 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Oct-2019 at 14:24:55.

Location

Statutory Address:
SLATERS FARMHOUSE, WHITTINGHAM LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lancashire
District:
Preston (District Authority)
Parish:
Whittingham
National Grid Reference:
SD 54218 36184

Details

SD 53 NW 4/121

WHITTINGHAM WHITTINGHAM LANE Slaters Farmhouse

11.11.1966

GV II

Farmhouse, dated 1683 on porch but probably earlier, altered. Roughcast brick painted white, slate roof. Three-bay baffle-entry plan with porch in line with ridge chimney at junction of 1st and 2nd bays, rear outshut to 3rd and part of 2nd bays, incorporating staircase. Two storeys; single-storey gabled porch has open entrance under wooden lintel, datestone above lettered in relief S T:A 1683, peephole in left side wall, wooden side benches, inner doorway with chamfered stone surround, and above the lintel a brick label with double-returned ends and 2 inverted L-shaped extensions rising from the centre to a feature which may have been a panel for a former datestone (now broken by the porch roof). To left, 1st bay rebuilt as garage and store; to right, 2 vertical rectangular windows on each floor; coupled chimneys at right gable. Rear: inter alia, outshut has 4-light brick mullioned window at ground floor, and similar 2-light stairlight with a label. Interior: housepart and 2 service rooms have chamfered beams, that in the housepart scarf-jointed; at 1st floor, timber-framed partition walls, one large cambered beam with cyma stops (3rd bay), and in 2nd bay a continuous lateral partition which may have been a smoke bay.

Listing NGR: SD5421836184

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
185968
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 05 Apr 2005
Reference: IOE01/12710/34
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Peter Sargeant. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].