NEW HOUSE FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1073533
Date first listed:
13-Jan-1986
Statutory Address:
NEW HOUSE FARMHOUSE, FORD LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of NEW HOUSE FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1073533 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Oct-2019 at 15:22:25.

Location

Statutory Address:
NEW HOUSE FARMHOUSE, FORD LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lancashire
District:
Preston (District Authority)
Parish:
Goosnargh
National Grid Reference:
SD 56938 38696

Details

SD 53 NE 5/46

GOOSNARGH FORD LANE New House Farmhouse

II

Farmhouse, dated 1733 at 1st floor, extended and altered. Mostly whitewashed brick with stone quoins, some sandstone, slate roof with brick chimneys. Double depth 3-bay plan (the 1st bay perhaps a later addition). Two storeys; plinth of coursed sandstone rubble, 1st floor band; centre and right bays make a symmetrical unit between chimneys on the ridge and at the right gable: central panelled door protected by stone slab porch in simple classical style with a pediment, formerly 4 vertical rectangular casement windows on each floor but those at ground floor blocked and replaced by a larger single window on each side of the porch; in centre of 1st floor a datestone inscribed 'T; I M 1753', to the left the 1st bay has one 4-pane sash on each floor. Left gable of modern brick, right gable of watershot coursed sandstone rubble, with a little garret window. Rear has old stone mullion window to cellar, another to the pantry. Interior altered.

Listing NGR: SD5693838696

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
185893
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 20 Feb 2004
Reference: IOE01/11589/29
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr David Cross. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].