CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1073546
Date first listed:
13-Jan-1986
Statutory Address:
CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH, SILK HILL LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1073546 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Oct-2019 at 05:49:29.

Location

Statutory Address:
CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH, SILK HILL LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lancashire
District:
Preston (District Authority)
Parish:
Goosnargh
National Grid Reference:
SD 54750 39828

Details

SD 53 NW GOOSNARGH SILK HILL LANE Inglewhite 4/76 Congregational Church

II

Congregational church, dated 1826 on doorhead. Squared sandstone with scored render on sides and rear, slate roof. Small rectangular single cell, gable to road. Symmetrical; prominent quoins, 1st floor sill band; at ground floor a round-headed doorway with imposts, a panelled door, plain fanlight, and an inscription on the head "ERECTED A.D. 1826"; at 1st floor 2 round-headed windows with altered glazing. Right side wall has 2 larger but similar windows, left side has one, and a side extension for a school or meeting room, rear has one round-headed window. Interior: pitch pine furnishings including raised and panelled minister's desk with side stairs, panelled dado behind this; west gallery with panelled front supported by 2 slim iron columns with foliated heads.

Listing NGR: SD5475039828

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
185923
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 19 Feb 2004
Reference: IOE01/11589/05
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr David Cross. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].