MOON'S FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1073559

Date first listed: 13-Jan-1986

Statutory Address: MOON'S FARMHOUSE, HOLLOWFORTH LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of MOON'S FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1073559 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Oct-2018 at 04:27:06.

Location

Statutory Address: MOON'S FARMHOUSE, HOLLOWFORTH LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lancashire

District: Preston (District Authority)

Parish: Woodplumpton

National Grid Reference: SD 50364 36176

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SD 53 NW 4/10

BARTON HOLLOWFORTH LANE Moon's Farmhouse

GV II

Farmhouse, dated 1698 internally. Handmade brick covered unevenly with roughcast and painted white, steeply-pitched roof of corrugated sheet (probably over thatch) with boarded eaves, a chimney on the ridge at the junction of the 2nd and 3rd bays, another in front of the ridge at the left gable. Three-bay baffle-entry plan with partial outshut to rear of 1st bay. Two storeys, walls at 1st floor slightly set back (perhaps raised at an early date); at junction of 2nd and 3rd bays a single-storey gabled porch with segmental-headed opening in front and small rectangular peepholes in the sides, a 6-panelled inner door; 3 sliding sash windows on each floor, those at ground floor all of 3 lights with remains of labels over them, those above all of 2 lights. Both gable and rear walls have similar old labels, mostly over blocked windows: left has one at ground floor and 2 above (one a 2-light sliding sash), right has one on each floor (the upper longer); rear of outshut to 1st bay has labels to pantry window, blocked stairlight and blocked little window below this, rear of housepart has a long stepped label broken in the centre by an inserted sliding sash, and at 1st floor a small window in one light of what appears to have been a 6-light mullioned window; 3rd bay has back door and a fixed window. Interior: housepart has inglenook bressummer and 2 beams with tongue-stopped ovolo moulding, a carved wooden spicecupboard lettered I T 1698; parlour has one similar beam; pantry has a chamfered beam and wooden 1/4-turn staircase. (Third bay altered). First floor open to the rafters. Reference R.C. Watson and M.E. McClintock Traditional Houses of the Fylde (1979) pp.68-70]

Listing NGR: SD5036436176

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 185857

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Watson, R C, McClintock, M E , Traditional Houses of the Fylde, (1979), 68-70

End of official listing