MANOR FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1073863
Date first listed:
10-Nov-1955
Date of most recent amendment:
29-Jun-1984
Statutory Address:
MANOR FARMHOUSE, LYNDON ROAD

Map

© Crown Copyright and database right 2021. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2021. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1073863.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Jan-2021 at 05:10:51.

Location

Statutory Address:
MANOR FARMHOUSE, LYNDON ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Rutland (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
North Luffenham
National Grid Reference:
SK 93249 03464

Details

NORTH LUFFENHAM SK 90 SW LYNDON ROAD (North Side)

6/207 Manor Farmhouse (formerly listed under Clay Lane) 10.11.55

GV II*

House. Dated 1640. Coursed rubble stone and ashlar with quoins and stone dressings and Collyweston slate roof with moulded stone ridge and end stacks. Stone coped shouldered gables,some with finials. Gabled wings either end, ashlar 2 storey porch centre right. 2½ storeys of 4 mostly stone mullion windows. On left wing gable a 3-light casement with cambered lintel and 3-light stone mullion with hood mould. Blocked 2-light over. In central section a 4-light stone mullion to both floors, the lower with hood mould, and to right the porch with a flat arched doorway, and 6-panelled door inside, 3-light stone mullion over, and sundial in gable. On right wing gable a 3-light stone mullion with stone jambs, stone tablet inscribed 1640 over, a 3-light stone mullion with hood mould to 1st floor, and similar blocked 2-light in gable. On left end 2 stone framed 1-lights and to rear a further span with brick left end stack. Stone fireplaces inside. Extending from left end a C19 barn with Welsh slate roof, hipped on left end. Central doorway with cambered brick lintel and double doors. 2 tiers of loop holes.

Listing NGR: SK9324903464

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
187047
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 22 Feb 2004
Reference: IOE01/09330/20
Rights: Copyright IoE Mrs Pamela Weston. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].