TURTLE BRIDGE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1073976
Date first listed:
10-Nov-1955
Statutory Address:
TURTLE BRIDGE

Map

Ordnance survey map of TURTLE BRIDGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1073976 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Jul-2019 at 17:15:56.

Location

Statutory Address:
TURTLE BRIDGE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Rutland (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Barrowden
County:
Northamptonshire
District:
East Northamptonshire (District Authority)
Parish:
Harringworth
National Grid Reference:
SP9280598495

Details

The asset was previously listed twice also under List entry 1372008. This entry was removed from the List on 31/03/2016.

SP 99 NW 8/1 10.11.55

BARROWDEN Turtle Bridge (Formerly listed as Turtle Bridge (that part within the former Uppingham RD))

II

Bridge. Possibly of C14 widened 1793, with C19/C20 parapet. Ashlar and red brick. 3 arches, the bases of stone, the visible arches of brick the cutwaters continuing upwards to form niches in the brick and stone coped brick parapet. Carries bridleway over River Welland and lies about 1½ miles SW of Church of St. Peter, Barrowden, off road to Seaton. Victoria County History of Rutland, Vol. II, p173, where reference to bridge with similar name at Barrowden in C13.

Listing NGR: SP 92805 98495

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
186823
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Page, W, The Victoria History of the County of Rutland, (1935), 173

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 24 Aug 2007
Reference: IOE01/16458/17
Rights: Copyright IoE Mrs Anne French. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].