BANK HEAD FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1074100
Date first listed:
27-Feb-1984
Statutory Address:
BANK HEAD FARMHOUSE, BANK HEAD LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of BANK HEAD FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1074100 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Jul-2019 at 17:35:25.

Location

Statutory Address:
BANK HEAD FARMHOUSE, BANK HEAD LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lancashire
District:
South Ribble (District Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SD 58491 25926

Details

SD 52NE 5/107

WALTON-LE-DALE, BANK HEAD LANE Bank Head Farmhouse

II

Farmhouse, dated 1639, with later addition at right end. Stone, concrete tile roof with 2 ridge chimney stacks. Now 4 bays but originally 2 bays and probably baffle-entry type. Two storeys, the walls having been raised by 4 courses of masonry; plinth and large quoins to 1st and 2nd bays; original front door at right end of 2nd bay has stone lintel with worn lettering: T G R ? 1639. Left of door ground floor has 2 double-chamfered stone mullion windows, of 3 and 4 lights; 1st floor has two 3-light casements. Addition to the right (probably C18) has two 3-light casements in chamfered stone cases on each floor. Side and rear are rendered, rear wall has 3 ground floor stone mullion windows, of 2,3 and 2 lights, and 7 other windows (all top hung casements). Interior altered, staircase installed to rear of stack beside front door.

Listing NGR: SD5849125926

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
358012
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 21 May 2000
Reference: IOE01/00114/24
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr K. Foster. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].