TODD HALL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1074111

Date first listed: 24-Mar-1950

Statutory Address: TODD HALL, TODD LANE NORTH

Map

Ordnance survey map of TODD HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1074111 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 09-Dec-2018 at 23:34:11.

Location

Statutory Address: TODD HALL, TODD LANE NORTH

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lancashire

District: South Ribble (District Authority)

National Grid Reference: SD 55182 26022

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SD 52NE WALTON LE DALE TODD LANE NORTH

5/134 Todd Hall 24.3.1950 GV II*

House, dated 1630; restored in 1938 by A.C.M. Lillie after 10 years dereliction. Brick on stone plinth, with stone quoins and dressings, rendered mullion windows, stone slate roof; 3 chimneys, one forward of the ridge and 2 at the rear, none -corresponding to the position of the original main fireplace. Three bays with projecting wings (of unequal width) to the 1st and 3rd bays, and a short rear extension to 2nd bay. Two and a half storeys; gabled wings stepped in slightly from outer corners; the first, which is wider, houses the staircase and has a window with a hoodmould on each floor (5, 4 and 3 lights), and the second, which contains the porch, has upper windows of 3 and 2 lights and a moulded stone doorcase with Tudor-arched lintel lettered in relief:

1630 W(?) IC

Between the wings are 2 windows, that at ground floor altered, the other of 5 lights. Left return wall has two 5-light windows under one hoodmould, and a window on each floor above, of 6 and 3 lights; right return wall has windows on each floor, of 6, 6 and 3 lights; and rear wall has some small modern wooden mullion windows. Interior: inglenook with stone heck post and moulded bressummer in 3rd bay; ΒΌ-round moulded beams; spiral newel staircase to full height. Cavity to rear of fireplace in inglenook, said to be priesthole but probably smoke hood; "decoy hole" reported in 1938, location not given. First floor has primitive ornamental painting of crucifixion, in C17 style. (Lancashire Daily Post, 20 May 1938)

Listing NGR: SD5518226022

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 358039

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
'Lancashire Daily Post' in 20 May, (1938)

End of official listing