This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

BAGWORTH PARK FARMHOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: BAGWORTH PARK FARMHOUSE

List entry Number: 1074113

Location

BAGWORTH PARK FARMHOUSE, THE HOLLOW
BAGWORTH PARK FARMHOUSE, THORNTON LANE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Leicestershire

District: Hinckley and Bosworth

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Bagworth & Thornton

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 28-Feb-1991

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 188503

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

BAGWORTH THE HOLLOW, Thornton SK 40 NE Lane (off) 3/54 Bagworth Park Farm- house

- II

Farmhouse. c1800 with C19 alterations. Red brick with Swithland slate roof, and pairs of octagonal gable stacks. Chamfered blue brick plinth and dentilated eaves. 3 storey. South front, 3 bays with slightly projecting central bay. Projecting gabled C19 porch with double, half-glazed doors in reeded surround. Eitherside single inpartite plain sashes. Above a central plain sash flanked by single inpartite plain sashes all these windows have segment headed wedge lintel. Above again a smaller central sash, flanked by small inpartite sashes, all with wooden lintels. To right a single storey C19, lean-to conservation or vine house. Rear walling incorporates fragments of an older house. This house stands moated on the site of the great house in Bagworth Park. It was held by the Earl of Mellent at the Conquest and belonged to the Bishop of Durham in 1310. In 1472 Lord William Hastings was granted a licence to crenellate the house. It was garrisoned for Charles I and completely devastated in the Civil War.

Listing NGR: SK4543208657

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SK4543208657

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1074113 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 25-May-2018 at 02:01:03.

End of official listing