RANGE OF ANCILLARY BUILDINGS INCLUDING FORGE AND WORKSHOPS, AT KEW BRIDGE PUMPING STATION

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1074198

Date first listed: 18-Oct-1990

Statutory Address: RANGE OF ANCILLARY BUILDINGS INCLUDING FORGE AND WORKSHOPS, AT KEW BRIDGE PUMPING STATION, KEW BRIDGE ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of RANGE OF ANCILLARY BUILDINGS INCLUDING FORGE AND WORKSHOPS, AT KEW BRIDGE PUMPING STATION
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1074198 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Nov-2018 at 08:06:31.

Location

Statutory Address: RANGE OF ANCILLARY BUILDINGS INCLUDING FORGE AND WORKSHOPS, AT KEW BRIDGE PUMPING STATION, KEW BRIDGE ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Greater London Authority

District: Hounslow (London Borough)

National Grid Reference: TQ 18837 78042

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

The following building shall be added:-

KEW BRIDGE ROAD, BRENTFORD TQ 1878 16/194E Range of ancillary buildings including forge and workshops, at Kew Bridge Pumping Station.

II GV

Stables, forge, carpenter's shop and machine shop, now outbuildings, forge and workshops. Probably 1845-6, rebuilding and alterations late C19. For the Grand Junction Water Works Company. Brownish brick in Flemish bond; Welsh slate roofs with some replacement corrugated asbestos. Long single-storey range. From left: gabled mid C20 bay not of special interest. Gabled bay with wide board door below segmental brick arch; hipped roof. 4-bay formerly open-fronted shelter having iron columns on chamfered padstones carrying timber wall plate; all but 3rd bay infilled on left having brick infill with doors and windows, on right having shop front; 2-span roof. 8-bay late C19 workshop range having chamfered stone lintels to openings, the windows large, in recesses with chamfered black-brick plinths, agd having 9-pane pivoting casements; double board doors; forge, on left, has stable door flanked by windows, and 2 metal flues and 2 gabled ridge louvres to roof; former carpenter's shop has door with window to right; machine shop on right has door with 2 windows to right, and stack to rear. Interior: machine shop has overhead shafts, wheels and belts of machinery; forge has 2 forges. Included for group value.

Listing NGR: TQ1883778042

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 439935

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing