HALL FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1074243

Date first listed: 22-Oct-1952

Date of most recent amendment: 13-Oct-1986

Statutory Address: HALL FARMHOUSE, MAIN STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of HALL FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1074243 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Oct-2018 at 06:31:37.

Location

Statutory Address: HALL FARMHOUSE, MAIN STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Leicestershire

District: Hinckley and Bosworth (District Authority)

Parish: Sutton Cheney

National Grid Reference: SK 41827 00516

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SUTTON CHENEY SK40 SW MAIN STREET (South East Side)

5/109 Hall Farmhouse (formerly listed as The Hall) 22.10.52

GV II*

Farmhouse. Early C17 with Victorian Wing. Brick with stone dressings and plain tiled roofs. Facade to street comprises two gables, that to left a Victorian addition in the style of the original. The right hand gable has 5-light stone mullioned and transomed windows, with 3-lights to attic. Stone plinth, angle quoins and continuous moulded string courses which form drip moulds to ground and first floor windows throughout. All windows have ovolo moulding. Coped gable with flat flanking parapet. Garden front is a long range of four bays, with 3-light mullioned and transomed windows throughout, though two lower windows retaining their architraves, have lost their original mullions and transoms. Renewed central doorway. Right hand bay is separated by a projecting stack. Entrance now in Victorian wing to north east, behind this, the back of the original range is visible, much repaired brickwork and a date stone re-sited from a garden wall, 1601 with the initials WR. Inside the original staircase survives, with turned balusters and full height squared newel.

Listing NGR: SK4182700516

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 188105

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing