This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

THE OLD RECTORY

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: THE OLD RECTORY

List entry Number: 1074330

Location

THE OLD RECTORY, RECTORY LANE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Leicestershire

District: North West Leicestershire

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Appleby Magna

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 20-Dec-1983

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 187902

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

APPLEBY MAGNA RECTORY LANE (south side) SK 31 SW 4/13 The Old Rectory GV II House of 1807. Red brick with hipped roof of plain c1960 tiles. 2 storeys of 5 windows: 6/6 sashes with gauged brick lintels. White painted stone string course and cornice. 2 ridge stacks symmetrically placed. Later brick plinth. Pedimented porch with 2 unfluted Doric columns to front and pilaster responds. Fanlight above later door. Right hand front of 2 6/6 sashes on both storeys. Similar string course and cornice. Left hand front of 1 6/6 sash upper left and brick string course. To rear a hipped roof projection with 6/6 sash on each storey on right front and lower extension with side stack on left. Adjoining rear a lower contemporary service wing, L plan, 2 storey, 3 ridge stacks. 5 windows: 1 6/6 sash, otherwise casements and door with C20 surround. Date: Nichols, History of Leicestershire, 1795-1811, Vol. IV, part II, p 432.

Listing NGR: SK3098310119

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Nichols, J, History and Antiquities of the County of Leicester 1775-1811, (1811), 432

National Grid Reference: SK 30983 10119

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1074330 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-May-2018 at 04:52:40.

End of official listing