THE MANOR HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1074361

Date first listed: 08-Nov-1949

Date of most recent amendment: 31-Oct-1983

Statutory Address: THE MANOR HOUSE, MANOR ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE MANOR HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1074361 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Nov-2018 at 13:27:53.

Location

Statutory Address: THE MANOR HOUSE, MANOR ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Leicestershire

District: North West Leicestershire (District Authority)

National Grid Reference: SK 42012 12657

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SK 41 SW COALVILLE MANOR ROAD (east side) 3/15 Donington-le-Heath

8.11.49 The Manor House (formerly listed as Manorhouse Farm) G.V. II*

House, c.1280, altered C17, restored 1966-71, of Charnwood granite rubble with ashlar dressings, C20 timber-framed gables and Swithland slate roofs. Massive rubble stack to rear (truncated). Main hall block of 2 storeys lies E-W with wings projecting N at each end to form a half-H plan, and a further wing of slightly later date extends from the NE angle. S wall contains original 1st floor entrance to hall, holes for staircase still visible. Shallow angle buttresses (except at SE corner and in N wing). C13 cusped lancets, restored. S, N and E walls largely rebuilt during restoration. Ground floor fireplace C17, dates from conversion of undercroft to kitchen, when the height of the ceiling was also raised. 1st floor hall has C17 fireplace (fragment of stone wall bracket only remains of C13 fire- place). 3 C17 roof trusses, one closed and 2 open. Hall separated from wings by timber-framed partitions. Part of original plaster infilling survives by doorway to E wing. C17 mullioned windows of 3 and 4 lights with hood bands above, inserted in S and E walls. Window at W end of hall is single large lancet.

Listing NGR: SK4201212657

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 187880

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing