PICKERING GRANGE FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1074369
Date first listed:
22-Oct-1952
Statutory Address:
PICKERING GRANGE FARMHOUSE, ELLISTOWN TERRACE ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of PICKERING GRANGE FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1074369 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Oct-2019 at 15:21:14.

Location

Statutory Address:
PICKERING GRANGE FARMHOUSE, ELLISTOWN TERRACE ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Leicestershire
District:
North West Leicestershire (District Authority)
Parish:
Ibstock
National Grid Reference:
SK 42922 10071

Details

SK 41 SW IBSTOCK ELLISTOWN TERRACE ROAD 6/38 22.10.52 Pickering Grange Farmhouse

II

Farmhouse in 2 distinct sections, the eastern most of the C19. The west section C17 or earlier. Random bonded brickwork, with moulded plinth, half on rubble plinth. 2 storeys, T or L plan, with blocked doorway slightly off-centre of single unit cross range. 3-light casement windows (modern replacements), with segmental heads to ground floor. Dentilled eaves cornice. Timber frame exposed in both gables of cross range, a massive truss and panels with brick infill. To east of cross range, a massive coursed rubbled chimney stack with plinth, surviving from earlier house.

Site originally moated, and was the grange of the abbey of Garendon. Given to the abbey in c. l140, it was leased to John Pickering in 1531.

Listing NGR: SK4292210071

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
187794
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Reference: IOE01/05162/06
Rights: Copyright IoE Ms Elaine Allen . Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].