MARKET HARBOROUGH RAILWAY STATION

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1074404
Date first listed:
25-Mar-1975
Date of most recent amendment:
19-Sep-1977
Statutory Address:
MARKET HARBOROUGH RAILWAY STATION, ROCKINGHAM ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of MARKET HARBOROUGH RAILWAY STATION
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1074404 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Jun-2019 at 06:29:43.

Location

Statutory Address:
MARKET HARBOROUGH RAILWAY STATION, ROCKINGHAM ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Leicestershire
District:
Harborough (District Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SP 74154 87387

Details

ROCKINGHAN ROAD 1. 5303 (North Side) Market Harborough Railway Station (formerly listed under St Mary's Road) SP 78 NW 7/181 25.3.75. II GV

2. Formerly joint LNWR and LMR lines. Station established here before 1860. Present main, or southern station building erected circa 1885. Symmetrical facade. Red brick with stone dressings. Slightly concave hipped roof, outer hipped gables slightly advanced with finials. Eaves cornice and very tall symmetrically placed chimneys, the centre rear stacks linked by an arch. Stone band at 1st floor and stone capping to brick plinth. 2 storeys and 1 centre dormer with segmental pediment and moulded eared architrave with scrolled base. 6 windows, the outer bays flanked by stuccoed pilasters. All windows barred sashes in moulded stone architraves, the outer 2 ground floor windows also with segmental pediments. Centre 4 windows paired, with framed panel between at 1st floor. Western ground floor centre pair now cut through to form additional entrance. Centre round arched doorway with fanlight. Canopy above centre ground floor. Eastern side external staircase with coped curved parapet. Rear or northern elevation has stuccoed segmental pediment across facade.

Listing NGR: SP7415487387

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
189740
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].