STONE HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1074471

Date first listed: 09-Oct-1984

Statutory Address: STONE HOUSE, 16, TURN STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of STONE HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1074471 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Oct-2018 at 08:28:34.

Location

Statutory Address: STONE HOUSE, 16, TURN STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Leicestershire

District: Charnwood (District Authority)

Parish: Syston

National Grid Reference: SK 62313 11769

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SYSTON

SK 6211 TURN STREET (West Side)

9/127 No. 16 (Stone House)

GV II

Cottage, probably with C17 core, refenestrated etc., in c1904. Rough cast render with stone quoins. Thatched roof. 1½ storeys, two unit plan with central doorway, a six panelled door in architrave with consoles supporting a flat canopy with modillions and other decoration beneath it. Windows are triple light sashes with small upper panes and stuccoed heads with keystones. Two large dormers probably of 1904 with 4-light sashes in broad wood architraves. Moulded stone eaves cornice. Two old brick stacks, one on left hand gable and one to right of doorway. Over the door stuccoed plaque records the name 'Stone House', and all the detail on this elevation probably belongs to the refurbishment of 1904 when the house which was formerly two dwellings, was extended with a rear range. Chamfered spine beam within.

Listing NGR: SK6231311769

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 189594

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing