SHARNFORD METHODIST CHURCH

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1074700

Date first listed: 27-Apr-1988

Statutory Address: SHARNFORD METHODIST CHURCH, CHAPEL LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of SHARNFORD METHODIST CHURCH
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1074700 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Oct-2018 at 00:58:12.

Location

Statutory Address: SHARNFORD METHODIST CHURCH, CHAPEL LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Leicestershire

District: Blaby (District Authority)

Parish: Sharnford

National Grid Reference: SP 48205 91918

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SHARNFORD CHAPEL LANE SP 49 SE (north west side)

3/38 Sharnford Methodist Church

II

Methodist church. 1827, with C20 additions and alterations. Brick with hipped slate roof. Brick plinth. 2 storeys, 2 bays. South front has central C20 panelled door in round headed opening with blocked fanlight, flanked by single round headed windows with wooden Y tracery. Above the door, a datestone inscribed '1827'. Above again, 3 similar round headed windows with Y tracery. West side has to left a C20 door with round head, and to right, 2 larger windows with Y tracery. East side has 2 similar windows and to right, a C20 flat roofed single storey addition. Rear has a central external stack and 2 C20 3 light casements on each floor with segmental heads. Interior has matchboard dado and to the front, central pine pulpit with steps, on bracketed base. Behind it, a matchboard panel and above it, a text. Above again, a plain gallery with stick balusters. To the left, a grained 6 panel door, and to the right a 6 pane sash. At the rear, a moulded panelled raked gallery on 2 iron posts, approached by a winder stair with stick balusters. Fittings include C19 panelled pews, early C20 benches, and a C19 organ in a Gothic case.

Listing NGR: SP4820591918

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 189028

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing