THE WOODLANDS

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1074718

Date first listed: 23-Feb-1987

Statutory Address: THE WOODLANDS, WOODLANDS LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE WOODLANDS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1074718 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Nov-2018 at 17:16:09.

Location

Statutory Address: THE WOODLANDS, WOODLANDS LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Leicestershire

District: Blaby (District Authority)

Parish: Kirby Muxloe

National Grid Reference: SK 52199 04725

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

KIRBY MUXLOE WOODLANDS LANE SK 50 SW 4/46 The Woodlands

II

House. Circa 1760-1770 with rear wing incorporating C17 structure. Late C19 early C20 extension to left. Refurbished c.1950. Brick, with right gable and rear wing roughcast and whitewashed. Slate roofs, brick chimneys. C18 wing is of 2 storeys and attic, and 3 bays. Off-set band courses at first and second floor levels, finely moulded brick eaves with modillions. C20 wooden casements with horizontal glazing bars, 3-light flanking 2-light. Ground floor windows are transomed and have segmental header arches. Upper windows have depressed arches of header brick. To centre is a concrete porch made by local concrete firm of Wheeler's and displayed at the Ideal Home Exhibition 1936. Porch is canted with slightly pedimented parapet to front, and leaded side windows and double doors in eared architrave surrounds with husk drops. Over doors is a raised panel with fruit swag. Further wooden casements to right gable and rear wing, those to ground floor with flush-panelled shutters. Rear wing also has another door with C20 gabled hood on brackets. To left of front is late C19 wing, slightly projecting, with concrete bay window to ground floor and sash above. Interior: rear wing has heavy chamfered spine beam and stop-chamfered joists; front right room has one re-used moulded ceiling beam.

Listing NGR: SK5219904725

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 188968

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing