THE RECTORY

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1074818
Date first listed:
21-Dec-1984
Statutory Address:
THE RECTORY, MAIN STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE RECTORY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1074818.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 13-Dec-2019 at 06:12:46.

Location

Statutory Address:
THE RECTORY, MAIN STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Leicestershire
District:
Harborough (District Authority)
Parish:
Houghton on the Hill
National Grid Reference:
SK 67616 03280

Details

HOUGHTON ON THE HILL

SK 60 SE MAIN STREET (South Side)

5/23 The Rectory

GV II

House. Dated 1856. Red brick with stone dressings and Welsh slate roof with brick ridge and side stacks. Stone coped gables with kneelers. Irregular composition with 3 gables. 2½ storeys of 5 stone mullion sash windows. On left gable a 3-light with transom, 2-light over and small 1-light in attic. On gable to next right a projecting lean-to porch. Doorway with four-centre arch with crow-stepped gable over containing stone tablet dated 1856. A 1-light to either side. Over porch a large 3-light with transom staircase window and attic 1-light above. To right are 3 1-lights with a 1-light and 2-light over. On right gable a 2-light both floors and attic 1-light. Included for group value.

Listing NGR: SK6761603280

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
190685
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 13 Oct 1999
Reference: IOE01/00541/14
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr P J Rawson. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].