This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

PARK HALL STABLES

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: PARK HALL STABLES

List entry Number: 1074926

Location

PARK HALL STABLES, PARK HALL LANE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Nottinghamshire

District: Mansfield

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Warsop

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 22-Oct-1986

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 434791

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

WARSOP PARK HALL LANE SK 56 NW (west side) 1/161 Park Hall Stables G.V. II Stable block, now veterinary surgery. 1867. Built for the Houghton family of Park Hall. Early C17 revival style. Irregularly coursed ashlar with ashlar dressings and steep pitched gabled and hipped Westmorland slate roof. Chamfered plinth, first floor band, moulded eaves, coped gables with kneelers. 2 gable stacks. Windows are mullioned and cross casements and C20 casements. Single and 2 storeys, 3/3/3 unequal bays. C-plan. East front has stepped forward gabled central bay. Central Tudor arched carriage opening flanked by single casements. Above, 3 casements. Above again, central clock with hood mould, and above it, datestone inscribed 'F H 1867'. Flanking wings have each a central door flanked by single casements. Above, to left, 2 C20 flat roofed dormers. East gable has, above, unglazed opening. South wing has to north, 3 blocked carriage openings with four centred arched heads, containing C20 casement flanked by single doors. North wing has to south, 4 doors each flanked to right by a casement, one blocked.

Listing NGR: SK5441565346

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SK 54415 65346

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1074926 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Aug-2018 at 06:45:13.

End of official listing