This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

THE OLD RECTORY

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: THE OLD RECTORY

List entry Number: 1075028

Location

THE OLD RECTORY, 30, MAIN STREET
THE OLD RECTORY, MAIN STREET

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Leicestershire

District: Melton

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Eaton

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 31-Aug-1979

Date of most recent amendment: 26-Feb-1992

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 190181

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

In the entry for

SK 7726-7826 EATON MAIN STREET (west side) Goadby Marwood 33/380 The Old Rectory(formerly 31.8.79 listed as The Rectory)

GV II

The address shall be amended to read

SK 7726-7826 EATON MAIN STREET (west side) Goadby Marwood 33/380 The Old Rectory(No 30) 31.8.79 (formerly listed as The Rectory)

GV II

----------------------------------

SK 7726-7826 EATON MAIN STREET (West side) 33/380 Goadby Marwood The Old Rectory 31.8.79 (Formerly listed as The Rectory)

GV II

Rectory, now private house. Circa 1750, raised by a half storey and altered throughout c. 1810. Coursed ironstone and slate roof. 2½ storeys in 5 bays. Central C20 glazed door in rusticated plastered doorframe. 4- vaned Regency fanlight. Fenestration of sashes with glazing bars, all with plastered sills and lintels. Modillion eaves cornice below gabled roof. Internal gable-end stacks of limestone. Interior fittings all early C19 or later: staircase with stick balusters and ramped and wreathed handrail. Edmund Cartwright (1743-1823), inventor of the power loom (1785) was rector here.

Listing NGR: SK7789726343

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SK 77897 26343

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1075028 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 27-May-2018 at 09:07:00.

End of official listing