VILLAGE HALL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1075054
Date first listed:
03-Aug-1979
Date of most recent amendment:
22-Mar-1991
Statutory Address:
VILLAGE HALL, MAIN STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of VILLAGE HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1075054 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Oct-2019 at 10:19:00.

Location

Statutory Address:
VILLAGE HALL, MAIN STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Leicestershire
District:
Melton (District Authority)
Parish:
Croxton Kerrial
National Grid Reference:
SK 81023 29471

Details

CROXTON KERRIAL MAIN STREET (East side) SK 8029 BRANSTON

39/341 Village Hall (formerly 3.8.79 listed as County Library) II

School, now village hall. Dated 1843. Coursed squared ironstone with limestone dressings and fishscale tiled roof with stone-coped gables with finials. Single storey. 2-window ranges of 3-light stone mullion and transom windows, with hood moulds. A central doorway within a projecting gabled porch with limestone front and loop-holes to sides. Porch front has Tudor-arched opening with hoodmould. At gable apex a fine bellcote partly corbelled out, with date 1843, open arches to 4 sides and stone pyramidal roof with final. Bell and machinery within. Right end blank; left end has similar 3-light window, as has rear but the last without hoodmould. Rear also has small single-storey C20 extension.

Listing NGR: SK8102329471

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
190148
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 10 Sep 2006
Reference: IOE01/15588/06
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Peter D. Dewar. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].