LITTLE BELVOIR

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1075139

Date first listed: 14-Jul-1953

Statutory Address: LITTLE BELVOIR

Map

Ordnance survey map of LITTLE BELVOIR
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1075139 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Oct-2018 at 08:42:52.

Location

Statutory Address: LITTLE BELVOIR

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Leicestershire

District: Melton (District Authority)

Parish: Ab Kettleby

National Grid Reference: SK 71567 23974

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

THIRTY SECOND LIST OF BUILDINGS OF SPECIAL ARCHITECTURAL OR HISTORIC INTEREST COMPILED UNDER SECTION 1 OF PLANNING (LISTED BUILDINGS AND CONSERVATION AREAS)

ACT 1990

SK 72 SW AB KEKETTLEBY Little Belvoir 5/231 14.7.53 II

Country house. Built 1839 for Thomas Johnson, enlarged mid C19 and altered 1906. Cement-rendered to imitate masonry, hipped slate roof, rendered internal stacks. L-plan. 2 storeys, except for 3-storey, hexagonal angle turret to right, formerly porch, with Tudor-arched head and hood mould to former doorway, now window, one-light windows with arched heads to lights, and hood moulds, mock machicolations and battlements. The body of the house has 2- and 3-light windows with wood mullions, arched heads to lights and hood moulds. Double string course at 1st floor level, string to base of battlemented parapet and bartizan to right angle of garden front. Interior not inspected. Originally known as Wartnaby House or Castle. Buildings of England, Leics, 1984 p419.

Listing NGR: SK7156723974

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 189941

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Pevsner, N, Williamson, E, The Buildings of England: Leicestershire and Rutland, (1984), 419

End of official listing