MANOR FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1075246

Date first listed: 18-Sep-1953

Date of most recent amendment: 29-Apr-1987

Statutory Address: MANOR FARMHOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of MANOR FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1075246 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Oct-2018 at 05:32:56.

Location

Statutory Address: MANOR FARMHOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Northamptonshire

District: Daventry (District Authority)

Parish: Brockhall

National Grid Reference: SP 63394 62685

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

BROCKHALL SP66SW 5/42 Manor Farmhouse 18/09/53 (Formerly listed as Manor House Farmhouse) GV II* Farmhouse. Dated 1677. Ironstone ashlar, old tile roof, brick internal stacks on stone bases. H-plan. 2 storeys and attic; 3-window range. Central chamfered stone doorcase with 4-centred head and plank door in timber gabled porch flanked by 2-light ovolo stone mullion windows. Above door a similar 3-light window. Projecting wings have similar 3-light windows to ground and first floors, Similar 2-light windows in attics. Stone coped gables with kneelers. Datestone in right gable with ornamental ribbon framing letters G.I and inscribed 1677. Moulded string course and dentilled wood cornice to centre between wings. Right side elevation to garden has three 2-light ovolo mullion windows to ground floor, 4 similar 2-light windows to first floor and first floor string course. Left side elevation to yard has back door with 4-centred head, a plank door and hipped leaded hood. To left 3-light casement windows with timber lintels to ground and first floors. To right timber oriel windows to ground and first floor each resting on 2 stone brackets. Fine set of small-pane leaded metal casements with wrought iron catches and some crown glass. Attached C19 kitchen block to rear. Interior has ogee-stop-chamfered spine beams, others boxed, stone flagged floors, one room with large open fireplace, a moulded stone fireplace with straight head and C19 marble chimney pieces in drawing and dining rooms. Dog-leq staircase with arcaded newels and fat turned balusters from ground floor to attic. 4-centred arched stone fireplace with cut spandrels to room upstairs, another with bolection moulded wood chimneypiece. Collar truss roof. C19 kitchen to rear has open fireplace with complete set of equipment, bread oven and coppers for brewing and laundry. (Buildings of England: Northants, p.128).

Listing NGR: SP6339462685

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 360687

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Pevsner, N, Cherry, B, The Buildings of England: Northamptonshire, (1973), 128

End of official listing