THE MILL HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1075265

Date first listed: 24-Feb-1987

Statutory Address: THE MILL HOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE MILL HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1075265 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Oct-2018 at 17:16:53.

Location

Statutory Address: THE MILL HOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Northamptonshire

District: Daventry (District Authority)

Parish: Woodford cum Membris

National Grid Reference: SP 53267 51677

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

WOODFORD CUM MEMBRIS WEST FARNDON SP55SW 9/153 The Mill House - II House, formerly corn mill and mill house. Dated 1685 with C18 and C19 additions. Coursed squared ironstone, tile roof, brick end and ridge stacks. 2 storeys and attic; 2-window range with 3-window C19 range to left. Central door to older range has a light leaded overlight and flat hood flanked by 20-pane horned sashes to ground and first floors, windows and door all with flat arches. Stone eaves, coped stone gables with kneelers. C19 wing to left has 1 and 2-light casement windows with segmental brick lintels, a brick cornice and a coped stone gable to left. Datestones to rear: that to older range inscribed EG/1685, the other EH/1868. Interior: hall has open fireplace with bar stop-chamfered bressumer and bar stop-chamfered spine beam. Mill machinery in C19 wing has been removed.

Listing NGR: SP5326751677

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 360643

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing