CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1075381
Date first listed:
02-Dec-1986
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, RABY ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1075381 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Oct-2019 at 03:47:00.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, RABY ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Wirral (Metropolitan Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SJ 30518 80885

Details

BEBINGTON RABY ROAD SJ 3080 (south-east side) Thornton Hough 16/244 Church of All Saints

G.V. II

Church. 1867. By Kirk and Sons for J. Hirst. Rock-faced stone with ashlar dressings, slate roof with tile ridge. Nave, south west tower, north west porch, transepts, chancel, north organ loft and south vestry. 4-bay nave has Lombard frieze and 2-light windows with Geometrical tracery between gabled buttresses. Tower has angle buttresses, entrance of 2 orders; 2-light windows with shafts; 5-face clock above; top cornice and broach spire with pinnacles, gabled lucarnes of 2 lights, 2 further tiers of lucarnes. West end of nave has 5-light window. North gabled porch, lancet with trefoil over and return entrance. Transepts have 3-light windows and spherical triangle windows above. Chancel has 3-light east window with 2-light window to north and south. Vestry has east entrance under gable, south cusped lancet. Organ loft has window of 3 cusped lights. Interior has arch-braced roof. Chancel arch with flanking segmental-pointed arches on round columns. Chancel has scissor-truss roof, corbelled transverse arch to sanctuary. Reredos has relief of Last Supper with flanking quatrefoils with relief carvings. C20 stalls and pulpit. Wall memorial to J. Hirst, the founder, died 1874 in south transept; cusped gabled panel. Some C19 stained glass, most is C20.

Listing NGR: SJ3051880885

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
215578
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 27 Oct 2001
Reference: IOE01/00119/15
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr F. Bryan Basketter. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].