MARKET CROSS AT JUNCTION OF ALLPORT LANE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1075384
Date first listed:
27-Dec-1962
Statutory Address:
MARKET CROSS AT JUNCTION OF ALLPORT LANE, THE RAKE

Map

Ordnance survey map of MARKET CROSS AT JUNCTION OF ALLPORT LANE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1075384 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Jul-2019 at 19:18:54.

Location

Statutory Address:
MARKET CROSS AT JUNCTION OF ALLPORT LANE, THE RAKE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Wirral (Metropolitan Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SJ 34989 82136

Details

BEBINGTON THE RAKE SJ 38 SW Bromborough 6/249 Market Cross at junction of 27.12.62 Allport Lane

G.V. II*

Market cross. 1278 or later, with upper part of 1874. Upper part by Sir Gilbert Scott. Stone. 7 square steps and octagonal base. Chamfered shaft with cap supports canopy on squat quatrefoil piers with foliate caps, angel corbels and crocketed gables. Top cross on octagonal plinth. Plaque on east side records restoration.

Listing NGR: SJ3498982136

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
215583
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 05 Jun 2004
Reference: IOE01/12438/09
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Malcolm Hawkins. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].