Heritage Category:
Listed Building
List Entry Number:
Date first listed:
Statutory Address:


Ordnance survey map of PARK HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1075533 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Oct-2019 at 10:04:05.


Statutory Address:

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

Knowsley (Metropolitan Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SJ 44488 90731


HUYTON-WITH-ROBY HUYTON HEY ROAD SJ 49 SW (north side) 5/6 Park Hall -

- II

Congregational church and school, now church hall. Church, 1856, and school, 1861. Rock-faced stone with ashlar dressings and slate roof with cresting. One storey, 7 bays, the last 2 bays former school. 3rd and 4th bays project under gables, the 5th bay forming lean-to under cat-slide roof to right return with low roof ridge behind this and 6th bay. 7th bay forms gabled cross-wing. 2nd and 3rd bays have 3-light windows, the central light is taller, pointed and traceried; now blocked. 4th and 5th bays have 3-light single-chamfered-mullioned windows, now blocked; small rose windows above, to 3rd and 4th bays, with sill course. 7th bay has 5-light window; with cusped pointed heads and rose window above; diagonal buttresses and 2 small buttresses flanking window tiled roof dormer to 5th bay. Pointed entrance to 1st bay, entrance inserted to 4th bay. 6th bay has small tower forming porch. Diagonal buttresses, segmental-pointed entrance of one order has hood mould with head stops; cornice with weathering above and datestone reading: "ABW/1861" with hood mould. Top frieze with consoled cornice and gargoyles, swept slate-hung spire. Left return has blocked 5-light window with rose window above. Right return of 4 bays, 3-light windows, the central lights taller and traceried with gablets between buttresses. Animal rainwater heads. Rear has later C19 brick extension.

Listing NGR: SJ4448890731


The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
Legacy System:


This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 28 Aug 1999
Reference: IOE01/01900/21
Rights: Copyright IoE Mrs Anne Gilmore. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].