116 AND 118, GREENFIELD ROAD B17

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1075552

Date first listed: 25-Apr-1952

Statutory Address: 116 AND 118, GREENFIELD ROAD B17

Map

Ordnance survey map of 116 AND 118, GREENFIELD ROAD B17
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1075552 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Nov-2018 at 20:32:13.

Location

Statutory Address: 116 AND 118, GREENFIELD ROAD B17

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Birmingham (Metropolitan Authority)

National Grid Reference: SP 03706 84428

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

GREENFIELD ROAD 1. 5104 Harborne B17 Nos 116 and 118 SP 08 SW 11/19 25.4.52 II 2. Late C18 remodelled in the early C19. Stucco; 2 storeys. No 116 the left hand part late C19 set back and lower than the right hand part which is under the same roof as part of No 118. Ground floor with altered central reeded doorcase within a modern porch and 2 windows with Tudor hoodmoulds. First floor with 3 casement windows without hoodmoulds. Bargeboarded eaves. No 118 3 bays, the outside ones gabled, plus an extra bay on the left which is under the same roof as part of No 116, ground and first floor windows tripartite casements with Tudor hoodmoulds except on the right where a canted bay window runs through both storeys but is smaller on the first floor than on the ground floor. Bargeboarded eaves. Entrance now within a porch on the right hand return but was originally that in a reeded doorcase with flat moulded hood in what is now the back of the house. The home of David Cox (1783-1859), the painter, from 1841 until his death.



Listing NGR: SP0370684428

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 217173

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing