MOSELEY HALL HOSPITAL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1075764
Date first listed:
21-Jan-1970
Date of most recent amendment:
08-Jul-1982
Statutory Address:
MOSELEY HALL HOSPITAL, ALCESTER ROAD B13

Map

Ordnance survey map of MOSELEY HALL HOSPITAL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1075764 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Oct-2019 at 06:59:51.

Location

Statutory Address:
MOSELEY HALL HOSPITAL, ALCESTER ROAD B13

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Birmingham (Metropolitan Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SP 07344 83117

Details

ALCESTER ROAD 1. 5104 Moseley B13 Moseley Hall Hospital [formerly listed as Moseley Hall (Birmingham Childrens Convalescent Home)] SP 08 SE 12/4 21.1.70 II 2. Built circa 1795 after an earlier hall had been destroyed by rioters in 1791; the house of Richard Cadbury who in 1890 gave it as a children's home. Ashlar; slate roof. Three storeys; 5 bays. Ground floor rusticated and with a central porch with 4 pairs of Tuscan columns supporting an entablature and 4 tripartite windows with Ionic columns in segment-headed recesses flanked by pairs of pilasters. First floor windows similar but with round-arched recesses. At the rear, a central bow. To the right, a 2-storey office wing. Ashlar; slate roof. Six bays wide, the outer 2 recessed. Plain casement windows. Cornice and modern attic storey. Attached to this on the right, another block. Ashlar; slate roof. One and a half storeys; 7 bays, the outer 4 advanced. Ground floor with casements; upper storey with square sash windows. Cornice and blocking course. To the right again, late C18 stable block. Red brick with parapet.



Listing NGR: SP0734483117

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
216721
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 02 Sep 1999
Reference: IOE01/00680/05
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Peter Garratt. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].