This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

EASTON ON THE HILL VILLAGE HALL

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: EASTON ON THE HILL VILLAGE HALL

List entry Number: 1075782

Location

EASTON ON THE HILL VILLAGE HALL, NEW ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Northamptonshire

District: East Northamptonshire

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Easton on the Hill

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 12-Oct-1988

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 421696

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

EASTON ON THE HILL NEW ROAD TF0104 (East side) 11/74 East on on the Hill Village Hall GV II School, now village hall. c.1867. Squared coursed limestone with ashlar dressings and Collyweston slate roof. T-shape plan. Single storey. Elevation abutting New Road is a 3-window range of 2- and 3-light stone mullion windows. Ashlar quoins and gable parapets. Conical ventilator at ridge. Elevation to left has gable and with large 3-light stone mullion window with plate tracery, cusped-head lights and roundels. Small square tower attached, to left, has square ashlar cupola, with spirelet, clock face on tower with chiming bell in cupola. Partially legible inscribed panel in tower records endowment and building of present school. Elevation to right has gable with similar 3-light window with plate tracery. Lean-to porch to right. Interior retains C19 roof structure. The school was originally endowed by Richard Garford in 1670 and rebuilt on the present site in 1867, to include a National School for girls, as well as boys, at a cost of £1,200. (Whellan, F. and co.: Directory of Northamptonshire, 1874, p689)

Listing NGR: TF0128304249

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Directory of Northamptonshire, (1874), 689

National Grid Reference: TF 01283 04249

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1075782 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 24-May-2018 at 09:40:26.

End of official listing