INCE BLUNDELL OLD HALL TO SOUTH WEST OF NEW HALL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1075872

Date first listed: 11-Oct-1968

Date of most recent amendment: 17-Jan-1986

Statutory Address: INCE BLUNDELL OLD HALL TO SOUTH WEST OF NEW HALL, PARK WALL ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of INCE BLUNDELL OLD HALL TO SOUTH WEST OF NEW HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1075872 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Nov-2018 at 10:30:50.

Location

Statutory Address: INCE BLUNDELL OLD HALL TO SOUTH WEST OF NEW HALL, PARK WALL ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Sefton (Metropolitan Authority)

Parish: Ince Blundell

National Grid Reference: SD3260902898

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SD 30 SW 6/74

INCE BLUNDELL PARK WALL ROAD (south-west side) Ince Blundell Old Hall to south west of new hall

(Formerly listed as Old Hall)

11.10.68 GV II* House, now storage building (used in C19 as malt house). c.1590-1620. Brick with stone dressings, south west roof pitch of stone slate, rear pitch of slate. Three storeys five irregular bays. Windows have stone mullions some replaced, and brick label moulds. Ground floor windows of 4:5:5:4:4 lights. Three three-light second floor windows. Entrance between first and second bays and one at end have stone quoins and large lintels with slight Tudor arches; entrance to left has original wide-boarded door on strap hinges. Right return has projecting gable-end stack.

Interior has two brick cross-walls and floors partially remaining, clay floors. Chamfered beams with stepped stops, original trap door and door removed from hinges. Low partitions for storing grain on second floor, probably C19.

Listing NGR: SD3260902898

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 216472

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Other
Register of Parks and Gardens of Special Historic Interest in England, Part 28 Merseyside,

End of official listing