FRIEND'S MEETING HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1075910

Date first listed: 23-Aug-1985

Statutory Address: FRIEND'S MEETING HOUSE, CHURCH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of FRIEND'S MEETING HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1075910 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 10-Dec-2018 at 15:44:52.

Location

Statutory Address: FRIEND'S MEETING HOUSE, CHURCH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: St. Helens (Metropolitan Authority)

Parish: Non Civil Parish

National Grid Reference: SJ5147795251

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SJ 59 NW ST. HELENS CHURCH STREET (north side)

4/71 Friends' Meeting - House - II

Meeting house. 1679-92, altered 1763. Stone with stone slate roof. 2 storeys, 2 bays. Drip mould over ground floor. Windows have double-chamfered mullions, those to ground floor of 5:3:5 lights and those to 1st floor of 6 and 3 lights. All have leaded glazing tied back to iron bars. Segmental-headed entrance between 2nd and 3rd windows has sundial over dated 1753. Left return has large projecting stack. Right return has 7-light window with transom and label mould, possibly C18 or later. C20 extension to rear. Interior of no special interest. Oldest meeting house still in use in the Historic County of Lancashire, Pevsner, Buildings of England, South Lancashire, p385.

Listing NGR: SJ5147795251

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 216361

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Pevsner, N, The Buildings of England: South Lancashire, (1969), 385

End of official listing