PARISH CHURCH OF THE ASCENSION

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1076183

Date first listed: 25-Apr-1952

Date of most recent amendment: 08-Jul-1982

Statutory Address: PARISH CHURCH OF THE ASCENSION, SCHOOL ROAD, HALL GREEN, B28 8JD

Map

Ordnance survey map of PARISH CHURCH OF THE ASCENSION
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1076183 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Oct-2018 at 04:54:26.

Location

Statutory Address: PARISH CHURCH OF THE ASCENSION, SCHOOL ROAD, HALL GREEN, B28 8JD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Birmingham (Metropolitan Authority)

National Grid Reference: SP 10994 81789

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 29/02/2012

SP 18 SW 13/6 25.4.52 5104

SCHOOL ROAD Parish Church of the Ascension (formerly listed as Church of the Holy Trinity under Hall Green)

II*

Dated 1704 and possibly by Sir William Wilson; altered. Red brick with stone dressings. Of the C18 the lower part of the projecting west tower and the nave, 3 bays long demarcated by giant Roman Doric pilasters carrying an entablature and balustrade. Arched windows in moulded stone surrounds with impost blocks and keystones. Quoins at the angles. In 1860 chancel and transepts were added in the same style as the C18 work. Also probably of 1860 the upper part of the tower with its octagonal brick turret with copper cupola. Interior with coved ceiling, simple C18 pulpit and painted early C19 Royal Arms.



Listing NGR: SP1099481789

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 217594

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing