THE OLD CROWN PUBLIC HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1076298
Date first listed:
25-Apr-1952
Date of most recent amendment:
08-Jul-1982
Statutory Address:
186, 187 AND 188, HIGH STREET B12
Statutory Address:
THE OLD CROWN PUBLIC HOUSE, HIGH STREET B12

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE OLD CROWN PUBLIC HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1076298 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Oct-2019 at 07:29:50.

Location

Statutory Address:
186, 187 AND 188, HIGH STREET B12
Statutory Address:
THE OLD CROWN PUBLIC HOUSE, HIGH STREET B12

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Birmingham (Metropolitan Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SP 08018 86323

Details

HIGH STREET 1. 5104 Deritend B12 The Old Crown Public House and Nos 186, 187 and 188 (formerly listed as Crown Inn) SP 08 NE 7/54 25.4.52 II* 2. Claimed to date from 1368 but more probably early C16. Timber framed with plaster infill; tile roof. Two storeys (and always so), the upper one jettied; 5 bays, the centre on an advanced and gabled porch wing, coved and carried on simple modillion brackets, the outer 2 with larger though less advanced gables with carved bressummers. The ground floor with a central large entrance, public house windows on the left and 2 shop windows and doors on the right. First floor windows all C19 3-light each outer gable and one either side of the porch.



Listing NGR: SP0801886323

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
217289
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 04 Sep 2000
Reference: IOE01/02899/13
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr J J Sheridan. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].