PARISH CHURCH OF ST BARNABAS

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1076299

Date first listed: 25-Apr-1952

Statutory Address: PARISH CHURCH OF ST BARNABAS, HIGH STREET B23

Map

Ordnance survey map of PARISH CHURCH OF ST BARNABAS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1076299 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 24-Oct-2018 at 03:38:31.

Location

Statutory Address: PARISH CHURCH OF ST BARNABAS, HIGH STREET B23

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Birmingham (Metropolitan Authority)

National Grid Reference: SP 11016 91713

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

HIGH STREET 1. 5104 Erdington B23 Parish Church of St Barnabas SP 19 SW 4/9 25.4.52 II 2. Designed 1822-3 as a Commissioners' Gothick church by Thomas Rickman. Of this time the thin west tower with angle buttresses and 4 bays of the aisleless nave. Stone; slate roof behind battlemented parapet. In a Decorated style. Original doors to tower and, inside, the west gallery supported on a richly cusped and sub-cusped iron screen. In 1883 chancel and transepts were added by J A Chatwin. The fifth, transepts, bay is canted to accommodate the change in width between chancel and nave. The style of the addition is Decorated also. Fairly consistent series of stained glass windows, 2 of them on the north by Camm and Co of Smethwick.



Listing NGR: SP1101691713

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 217292

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing