CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1076400

Date first listed: 31-Jul-1986

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, ELMORE GREEN ROAD

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, HIGH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1076400 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 11-Dec-2018 at 23:17:35.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, ELMORE GREEN ROAD

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, HIGH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Walsall (Metropolitan Authority)

National Grid Reference: SJ 99756 01910

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

WALSALL MB HIGH STREET SJ 90 SE Bloxwich 3/52 Church of All Saints

GV II Church. 1874-7 by Davies & Middleton, encasing part of church of 1794. Brick with slate roof. Comprises a west tower, nave with clerestory, north and south aisles, south porch, lower chancel and north vestry. The tower has triple lancet bell openings, a pyramid roof set back behind a parapet raised at the corners,and clock faces, with paired lancets below on the west side. The west doorway has a pointed arch. To north and south of the tower are lean-to projections, each with paired lancets above a pointed doorway. The aisles are of five bays and have two tiers of paired sandstone lancets within brick openings. The clerestory windows are triple lancets. The south porch has a pointed doorway. The chancel is of one bay to the south and has a 3-light east window with sandstone plate tracery. Interior: five-bay nave arcades have pointed arches of exposed brick, and red sandstone round piers with foliated capitals. North and south galleries have timber fronts with blind arcading. The roof has arch-braced collar trusses. The chancel arch is pointed and of exposed brick. The chancel has a piscina and triple sedilia. The pulpit and font are painted, probably of artificial stone, in a Gothic style. The windows contain some late C19 glass.

Listing NGR: SJ9975601910

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 219090

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing